Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

Oops I almost missed May!

I have been so busy working hard, I had completely forgotten that I hadn't posted anything in here in a while.

I have been working on binding Fente (after re-reading some of the books, she is definitely Fente), and man alive I did not make things easy on myself. Even though I made my apple cores quite big, it is a sharp corner on each turn of the edge of this quilt.

Just to make life more fun, I have gone with putting in a ric-rac peeper along the binding. This means that after you make the binding, you have to tack the ric-rac along the raw edge of the binding in just the right place so that when you sew it to the quilt juuuuussst the right amount of ric-rac pokes through, then you have to make sure you sew your binding on with the right seam allowance so your don't completely screw up all your hard work. 


Ric-rac basted to the edge of my binding

All nine metres of it.

I'm using 7 times as many pins as I ever use pinning the binding down to sew it! And helper #1 IS NOT HELPING. He has decided that the best thing to do on a cold winter afternoon is to hide under the quilt I am trying to pin and attack my fingers until I let go of it enough that he can roll over in his nest, rolling it off the side of the table, and this is the view I get under the table:

He has done this to me more than once....
I do love the look the hard work is giving me, but I am still not decided if I like the "LOOK AT ME" of the white binding. I want it to frame the quilt and draw attention to the shape of the edge, but may still change it for another colour...

But doesn't it look fabulous?

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment